Knocked Wanderlust off my ‘To Watch’ list this weekend and a review is on the way but first, in honor of the OUTSTANDING performance Paul Rudd gave in it – he stole every scene - I thought I’d compile a list of his funniest roles and their best lines:
1. George, Wanderlust – The entire several minute-long scene in which Rudd gives himself an incredibly bizarre pep talk in an effort to psych himself up for a sexual encounter he does NOT desire. In it, he speaks with a George W.-like accent and specifically addresses his penis. It’s the funniest scene I’ve seen since first witnessing Maya Rudolph shit in the street.
2. Peter Klavin, I Love You, Man – There’s honestly too many great lines to list here but I’ll give a few examples: “Totes McGotes.” “Latress on the menjay!” And that hilarious impression of a reggae singer that sounded just like a leprechaun. Priceless.
3. Kunu (Chuck), Forgetting Sarah Marshall – “You sound like you’re from London!”
4. Pete, Knocked-Up – “I want to put you in my DeLorean and gun it to 88.”
5. Danny, Role Models – “I bet if I suggested a game of Quidditch he’d cum in his pants.”
6. David, The 40 Year-Old Virgin – “If I hear Ya Mo Be There one more time, I’m gonna Ya Mo burn this place to the ground.”