My current obsessions:
- Shameless and House of Lies on Showtime, Sunday nights starting at 9pm. I DO NOT MISS SHAMELESS. Not for the Superbowl. Not for anything.
- Downton Abbey on PBS, also Sunday at 9pm. Thank the lords of technology for DVR!!
- Have been catching up on Breaking Bad, an outstanding AMC series now streaming on netflix. It breaks my heart wide open with its stark realism and is often more than I can handle but I just can’t abandon it. It’s supremely well done.
- 2/3 of the way through Hitch-22, the memoir/autobiography Christopher Hitchens wrote the year before his untimely death. Typical Hitchens so far; it is poetic, intelligent (so much sometimes that it goes a little over my head), often deeply personal and always told with remarkable grace.
- Next up on the ‘to read’ list: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Finally started Coupling, the British sitcom that inspired Friends.
- Loving 21 by Adele. Set Fire To The Rain and Turning Tables are my favorites.
- Planning the road trip I’m taking in several weeks. The hubby and I are off to the Pacific Northwest (Seattle, Portland and Vancouver, primarily). Hard to believe but there are some things I love more than books and movies and television: traveling!