Recently, a person thirty years older than I said that people my age differ from the folks of her generation in that we make bucket lists. Apparently, previous generations did not indulge in such a frivolous activity. And, while I’ve never sat down to write a literal list, I do keep a running tally in my mind of the places I want to visit and the things I want to do before my time is up. So, why not write them down? And, if I’m going to write them down, I might as well do it here.
The places I must see:
- The Tahitian Islands
- England (including, but not limited to, London)
- Italy (specifically, northern Italy, from whence my ancestors hail, and Rome because it’s Rome)
- Alaska (in the summer)
- Actually, I’d like to see ALL of the United States (I’ve already visited 27 of them – 23 to go!)
- New Zealand
- Australia (again)
- The Badlands, South Dakota
- Yellowstone National Park
- Yosemite National Park
Things I want to do:
- Take a 4 to 8 week-long road trip across the U.S.
- Publish a book
- Learn to surf (or try to, at least)
- Finish Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
- Run a half-marathon (if that doesn’t kill me, I may want to try running a full marathon)
- Sky-dive (preferably in Moab, Utah alongside my little sis)
Thankfully, there are some places and things I’ve already been able to cross off my list and, of course, there are more places to see and more things to do that I’ve either forgot or haven’t thought/heard of yet… so, needless to say, this list is a work-in-progress.
What’s on your list?